cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APIM TLS 1.1 Support

HarshC
Active Participant

Summary: Can someone point me to documentation that lists out the TLS versions supported by APIM?

Details:

Successfactors is turning off TLS 1.1 support in Feb/March(link).

This means, that PI 7.11(SP14 or lower) connections to Successfactors API's(CompoundEmployee/OData) will stop working after the change.

As we don't have enough time to plan a PI 7.1 upgrade, my short term workaround plan is to wrap the SuccessFactors API's in APIM proxies.

Therefore the flow will be

As Is: PI > SuccessFactors

Work Around To Be: PI>APIM>SuccessFactors

However, I want to ensure that APIM will continue to support TLS 1.1 in the near term(Dec 2020).

Can someone please confirm this, and point me to the relevant APIM documentation?

Thanks,

Harsh

View Entire Topic
ElijahM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately at this time the expectation is that for security reasons, across SAP the move is to TLS 1.2 with deprecation of support for all previous versions of TLS.

Regards,
Elijah

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

elijah.martinez

Do you have a timeline for the TLS1.1 deprecation for APIM?

Thanks,

Harsh

ElijahM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

As of now TLS 1.1 deprecation has already been done for SAP APIM. Our customers have been advised that this is no longer supported.
It has been suggested that you can leverage Custom Domains in SAP CP to enable TLS 1.1, though I'm not 100% sure if that is still supported.

Regards,
Elijah

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

elijah.martinez

Thank you for the response.

Are you sure that TLS 1.1 has been deprecated for APIM instances bundled with CPI-Enterprise Edition?

I ask, because as of today, I'm able to connect to APIM URL's via PI 7.11SP12( running the SFSF adapter).

As per the attached link in my question, PI 7.11SP12 is incapable of TLS 1.2 sessions. So how is this working?

Thanks,

Harsh

ElijahM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Are you using a productive APIM account or a Trial APIM account? As far as I've been told we have retired 1.1 and 1.0 on all Factory APIM accounts. We may not have updated Trial as it is not considered a Productive environment.

Regards,
Elijah

ElijahM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

harshchawla I am also not a PI expert but have you looked into https://answers.sap.com/questions/455156/enabling-tls-12-in-sap-pi-71.html ?

Regards,
Elijah