cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Build Apps Preview Issue

stan786
Explorer

Hello Experts,

My organization has provided us with a SAP Build Free Tier account and I am currently exploring the platform by going through the tutorials at developers.sap.com.

I am facing an issue while trying to the preview the app using SAP Appgyver app on an iOS phone. Based on the tutorial, it should show a QR code and I should be able to scan it using the app in the phone. As of now, it is not showing the QR code and is asking for PIN. Screen shot below.

Now coming to PIN, I have three options

1. AppGyver community edition
  2. SAP BTP AppGyver
  3. Custom (Asks to enter the region)

I tried all of the above options and could not make it work. It kept giving me incorrect PIN error.

Please advise if I am missing something.

Regards,

-Stanley

phidoe
Explorer
0 Kudos

Same issue here...

mpredolim
Participant
0 Kudos

beatrice.pasch I´m facing this issue: previously i already had used Appgyver Preview App but now i can´t see the option to "Show PIN Code" to preview my new app on my Android Device. Thanks.

beapasch
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

mpred74 Is my assumption correct that you previously used the AppGyver Community Edition or SAP AppGyver Enterprise Edition and are now trying SAP Build Apps?

mpredolim
Participant
0 Kudos

beatrice.pasch Yes, I was using the one available at Google Play "SAP Appgyver Preview". There is no "SAP Build Apps" app available. I reinstalled and the issue remains the same.

beapasch
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

mpred74 Yes, there is no "SAP Build Apps" app available for Apple or Android at the moment and that's one of the reasons why you can't use the mobile preview feature for SAP Build Apps at the moment. You can only use the AppGyver Android app together with the AppGyver community edition or SAP BTP AppGyver.
Kind regards,
Bea

mpredolim
Participant
0 Kudos

beatrice.pasch I´m using SAP BTP Appgyver since beginning and now i can´t use it into mobile app anymore.

I tried all option:
- Scan QR code but we don´t have this anymore into SAP Build Apps preview option;
- PIN Code using SAP BTP Appgyver gives me incorrect PIN code message;
- URL manually says QR code expired.

So the only way to preview is Open Web Preview option.

MaiaraEllwanger
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

mpred74, you mentioned both SAP Build Apps and SAP AppGyver on BTP, so I'm not sure which one you used for this project, however:

- if you created your project in SAP AppGyver (either on BTP or on the community edition) you should be able to preview it with the 'SAP AppGyver Preview' app for android. If this is not working, please open a ticket and we will investigate.

- But, if you created your project in SAP Build Apps, you can't use the 'SAP AppGyver Preview' app to preview it. Only web preview is available at the moment for SAP Build Apps projets, see Beatrice's answer below - we will make sure to update this thread once the issue has been solved and the 'SAP Build Apps Preview' app is available.

I hope this helps clarify, if not, please let us know (PT: se você preferir também pode escrever sua dúvida ou feedback em português).

Kind regards,

Maiara

davidbest
Explorer

Any update on this?

Farid
Active Participant

Hello SAP,

SAP is pushing Build Apps ... and It has been almost three months that this post had been opened ...

Is there an estimated date of resolution ? This is no small issue

View Entire Topic
beapasch
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello rangam, raoul.shiro, davidrbest and stan786 ,
Many thanks for your patience.
Today we released the mobile preview feature for iOS and you can find the updated app in the Apple store.
Google will follow asap.
Kind regards, Bea

jeysen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update!

vodela
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Beatrice

Thanks for the info for IOS. There is an update for Android when I updated - there is an option for build apps - which gives upper case codes (unlike before) - but this code is not accepted on the webpage.

Ramesh

beapasch
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

204b24e1066f44fe9a88173139b122a0 Are you using SAP Build Apps, SAP AppGyver Classic or AppGyver Community Edition? Maybe you can also check the hints from Daniel in this blog: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/sap-builders-blog-posts/mobile-preview-app-now-available/ba-p/22...
If that is not helpful, please send me some screenshots to buildapps@sap.com so that we can check your issue more in detail.
Kind regards, Bea

GoranKovacic
Participant

Hi beatrice.pasch ,

thank you for the positive update! I can confirm that also for us (PAYG Global Account -> Subaccount in EU10 -> SAP Build Apps) the Preview in the Android app is now working. Good job fixing the Android app, thank you! 🙂

BR, Goran

rahuls5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks beatrice.pasch for the update..However, I have a question, I am building an app where I have activated the SAP BTP Authentication, this automatically added an Authentication page to my app..Now when I am trying to run my app on my mobile using the Preview app, I get an error message saying 'Error in SAP BTP Authentication'..Authentication failed for Unknown Reason'...Any idea how to solve this??

beapasch
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi rahuls5 ,
I'm sorry but the SAP BTP authentification doesn't work for mobile Apps only for web apps at the moment. But the feature will be delivered soon.
Kind regards, Bea

axelpg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi beatrice.pasch

I built an app integrated with a cloud build apps back-end. This works fine on web preview, but the information doesn't appear when I do an Android device preview.

Can you tell me how to make this works?

Regards,
Axel

beapasch
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi axelpg , Are you using the SAP BTP authentifcation in your app? If this is the case, I must tell you that this function is not yet available for mobile applications. If this is not the reason for your problem, it would be good to get more information (error message as an example). You can also contact me at buildapps@sap.com to clarify the details of your problem.
Kind regards, Bea

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi beatrice.pasch,

so, just to make sure: At the moment this error message comes up because of using SAP BTP authentication in my app?

Would be cool if you could keep me updated as soon as it works 🙂

BR Tobias

beapasch
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi schneidert , Yes, that's the reason. I will inform you as soon as the Mobile BTP authentication for SAP Build Apps is available.
Kind regards, Bea

chansa1988
0 Kudos

Hello Beatrice Pasch.

Has this error been resolved. I am still facing a challenge with the SAP APP preview despite following all steps correctly.

Kindly see attached screenshot showing errorscreenshot-20230518-175537-sap-build-apps-16845111.jpg

Awating your feedback.

Regards

beapasch
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello chansa1988 , I have never seen this error before. Can you please contact us via buildapps@sap.com and describe the error in more detail? Please give us the link to your SAP BTP sub-account and a step-by-step description until the error occurs.
Kind regards,
Bea

artemzhuchkov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi is Mobile BTP authentication for SAP Build Apps available yet? I don't see it on the roadmap explorer anymore

Mathur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Even the latest version of SAP Build Apps Review is not working. I am getting Session expired error.