Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Build Process Automation - Internal instance of Excel is null

monicaang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear community

I need another 2 eyes to figure out what is wrong. I am trying to test the pre-packaged "Pilot a web application using Excel file" scenario in SAP Build Process Automation. It should be an easy exercise , but I get an error that I don't quite understand. I've seen the question in the community with time stamp last year - there are no answers provided.

What I did? Used the package from Store and deployed. My bot is in attended mode, I create a trigger.

The package asks for the movie file path , which I provide

If I provide a wrong path, where the file is not existing => the error is clear

Detail: File not found. [C:\Users\monica\Desktop\RPA\movies1.xlsx]

When I do give the correct path, the error which comes up is this one. The file is the template as provided by the package, I have checked the automation and it looks good. The file is editable, searching for similar issues didn't succeed. How do I solve this error? Any ideas?

Thank you!!

Error details:

Detail: Failed to start excel, the message is : Internal instance of Excel is null

Exception: irpa_core.error.Error

Failed activity: exist

PS

The input details of the error message is

{ "movieFilePath": "C:\\Users\\monica\\Desktop\\RPA\\movies.xlsx"}When I entered the path in the pop-up window coming up, I have entered C:\Users\monica\Desktop\RPA\movies.xlsx
View Entire Topic
monicaang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Add on - just updated the bot to latest version Version 3.14.48

Error remains

Detail: Failed to start excel, the message is : Internal instance of Excel is null

Failed activity: exist