cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BUILD PROCESS AUTOMATION - "Screen capture failed" when recording SAP GUI (WinGUI)

CristianR
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm having issues recording SAP GUI screens. As soon as I hit "Record" I got the error "Screen capture failed. Please relaunch the recorder." (attachment).

Any hint or idea what the issue may be?

SAP Logon version 800

Desktop Agent version 3.9.47

former_member692506
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Cristian,

As a workaround, did you tried to capture it manually?

Please, let me know if even manually, you could not capture the screen.

Thank you

CristianR
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Souraya;

I have the exact same issue with manual capture.I can't record any sapgui screen either way.

And just to confirm, sapscripting is already enabled in sap logon/sapgui.

Thx in advance for the help.

Cristian R

CristianR
Explorer
0 Kudos

Update: I tried with SAP Logon version 770 and I didn't get this error. Is there any restriction with the recording using SAP Logon Version 800? Is it documented somewhere?

Now I'm having some timeouts errors but I think is because the customer VPN blocks some Internet connections. Is there any documented restriction with the recorder with SAP Logon when connected to a VPN?

Thx in advance.

Cristian R.

View Entire Topic
PatrikMajer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Cristian,

did you find a solution to this? I have the exact same problem. Not able to capture SAP GUI 800, but no problem with sap gui 770.

I think it has something to do with not recognizing sap gui as "Sap gui technology" but UI Automation.

But I did not find anything about desktop agent not supporting 800 version.

Thanks,

Patrik

CristianR
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I was not able to find a solution for SAP GUI 800, I had to do downgrade to version 770. I would expect a solution to be provided in future versions of desktop agent.

Regards.

Cristian R.