Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP C4C code list restriction / absl filtering for marketing attribute values

nikb-dav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we use SAP C4C (aka SAP Sales Cloud / SAP Cloud for Customer) in different countries.

Different countries equals different processes and requirements, which lead to the fact, that they want to use different marketing attribute values (sometimes within some mkt attribute sets).

example:

• Imagine we have got a MKT Set which is "Superheroes"
  • The The attributes will be "DC heroes" or "Marvel heroes"
  • Values will be for DC "Batman, Superman" and for Marvel "Thor, Hulk, Captain America"

Now Country A wants to use

SUPERHEROES

- DC Heroes

- Batman

- Superman

- Marvel Heroes

- Thor

- Captain America

Country B wants to use

SUPERHEROES

- DC Heroes

- Batman

- Marvel Heroes

- Thor

- Hulk

We will not discuss about if it makes sense or not (it does from process point of view). And ... one does not simply tell someone which super heroes he should like

I think it is not avoidable to create two technically different Sets. But here we have got an issue. Even by using funny names like "SUPERHEROES COUNTRY A" and "SUPERHEROES COUNTRY B" there is a chance the user doesn't pay attention and takes ... the wrong batman (P.S. because batman is the best).

As you know SAP does not provide any filters for MKT attributes (this popup is not even made for any kind of extensions). Obviously, SAP did not think about the Superhero issue, yet

mkt-attributes.png

Now the question:

We want some country / sales organization dependent "codelist restriction". MKT attributes are not in codelist restrictions as you know.

I was thinking about trying it with ABSL in SAP Cloud Application Studio (SDK).

Similar idea like here: How to make Code List Restriction work when control field and restricted field are not on the same B...

But I cannot find anything in Repository Explorer to start with. I don't see a way it would work out. Maybe some more experienced Marvel or DC fan can share his ideas on that to give each country it's perfect set of Marvel and DC super heroes.

View Entire Topic
Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

So eine liebevoll gestellte Frage und keine Antwort. Ein Jammer. Ich weiß leider keine Lösung, schlage mich aber auch mit diesen Attributen rum.

Grüße aus Düsseldorf

Daniel K

nikb-dav
Explorer

It is not possible in standard, I have done a Customer Object implementation, which uses MKT attributes as basis.

It is a pity SAP cannot do that in standard - in SalesForce it's a piece of cake.