cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CAP with OData V4 adds $count param to URI that is not supported

merveguel
Participant

Hello all,

I am developing a CAP supported Fiori Elements application with OData V4. Currently I am struggling with getting the onpremise OData Service data into a valuehelp in frontend. The issue is whenever the batch call is triggered it adds a "$count" parameter into the call URI which is not supported by the backend (error can be seen in /IWNFD/ERROR_LOG).

Since Fiori Elements template is used, this call takes place automatically over a CAP Service that wraps the backend OData Service call. It has a very basic service js as can be seen below. Even converting the frontend model into OData V2 didn't help since "inlinecount" param was also not supported in backend.

const cds = require("@sap/cds");
module.exports = async function () { 
const inspectionLotService = await cds.connect.to("INSPECTION_LOT_SRV");
this.on("READ", "Plant_VHSet", async function (request) 
{ 
return await inspectionLotService.tx(request).run(request.query); 
});
}; 

Batch URI in OData V4 Call:

GET Plant_VHSet $select=City1,Name1,Name2,Nation,PostCode1,Werks&$count=true&$orderby=Werks&$skip=0&$top=58<br>

Batch URI in OData V2 Call:

GET Plant_VHSet?$inlinecount=allpages&$orderby=Werks&$select=City1,Name1,Name2,Nation,PostCode1,Werks&$skip=0&$top=58 

Both URI calls ends with error in backend. A workaround would be deleting the count parameter from the query before sending it to backend. But I would like to find a more official solution, removing the count off of from the query via a configuration etc.

I appreciate for any comment and help,

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Merve

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exact error do you get in the backend?

merveguel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Thank you for your reply. Following is the error message I get in Error log in the backend "Exception /IWCOR/CX_DS_URI_SYNTAX_ERROR occurred" and this is the call that causes this error "/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZQM_INSPECTION_LOT_SRV/Plant_VHSet?$select=City1,Name1,Name2,Nation,PostCode1,Werks&$orderby=Werks%20asc&$count=true&$top=58"

Kindly inform if more information would be needed.

Best,

Merve

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please run

cds --version

and provide the output so we know what exact CAP Version you're using?

merveguel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Please find the cds version check result as follows:

@sap/approuter: 11.6.1

@sap/cds: 6.8.4

@sap/cds-common-content: 1.1.0

@sap/cds-compiler: 3.9.4

@sap/cds-dk: 6.8.0

@sap/cds-foss: 4.0.1

@sap/cds-mtx: -- missing --

@sap/cds-mtxs: 1.8.4

@sap/cds-odata-v2-adapter-proxy: 1.9.21

@sap/eslint-plugin-cds: 2.6.3

@sap/xsenv: 3.4.0

@sap/xssec: 3.2.17

Node.js: v16.19.0

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How is your service INSPECTION_LOT_SRV defined in package.json?

merveguel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Please find the definition of the service as follows:

"INSPECTION_LOT_SRV": {
        "kind": "odata",
        "model": "srv/external/INSPECTION_LOT_SRV",
        "credentials": {
          "destination": "EU-IL"
        }
      },
Discoverer
0 Kudos

@gregorw , I have followed the same steps as you mentioned , however Iam facing same issue while i try read data from S/4 via Odata , I could see values are returning however the values are not appearing in UI.

Any Suggestions.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello 0076436 ,

have you already followed https://cap.cloud.sap/docs/guides/using-services?

Discoverer
0 Kudos

@gregorw , I have followed the same steps as you mentioned , however Iam facing same issue while i try read data from S/4 via Odata , I could see values are returning however the values are not appearing in UI.

Any Suggestions.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share a sample project where this issue can be repeated?

Discoverer
0 Kudos

gregorw yes ,

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then share the link.

Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am wondering how I can reproduce same issue via a sample project .Please do let me know if you need any other details in my ongoing project to digout further .

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You share a freshly created CAP project that consumes a public OData Service from S/4HANA Cloud provided by https://api.sap.com/products/SAPS4HANACloud/overview on GitHub.

View Entire Topic
gregorw
Active Contributor

Please replace:

"kind": "odata"

with

"kind": "odata-v2"

then it should work.

merveguel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Thank you for the answer, I applied the "kind" property as you shared however the URI call did not change.

GET Plant_VHSet?$select=City1,Name1,Name2,Nation,PostCode1,Werks&$count=true&$orderby=Werks&$skip=0&$top=72

Best,

Merve