cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Cockpit SSO

HarshC
Active Participant

Hello Experts,

I'm familiar with the SSO setup to allow application users to access SCP services via SSO.

We've configured SSO for our CPI developers using ADFS as the IDP.

However, in this case, we are still using SUser ID's to login to the SCP Cockpit.

How do I configure SSO for platform users logging into SAP Cloud Cockpit itself?

I found the following link: https://help.sap.com/viewer/6b94445c94ae495c83a19646e7c3fd56/2.0.04/en-US/eb89d22492ab48bea3f3ff9b79...

1) Is this the right link? If not, can you please point me to the right documentation for Cockpit SSO.

2) The link seems to indicate that I must use SAP Identity Authentication Service for SSO to the Cockpit. Is that true? Is there a way to do this without using SAP's IDP?

Thanks for your help with this.

View Entire Topic
LutzR
Active Contributor

Hi Harsh,

follow documentation and advice given by ajennings and lucasvaccaro .

But also be aware that there are more pitfalls than the Cloud Connector:

The concept of a Platform Identity Provider is only available on the Neo side of the SCP. It is missing completely on the Cloud Foundry side.

In case you decide to use an IAS as a Platform Identity Provider and dare to configure that IAS to proxy your central IDP, then you will run into trouble with several more services. E.g. Java deployments will be broken as well as the access to console client. So proxying your IDP (and therefore SSO) might not be possible at all.

So the Platform Identity Provider concept is half-baked on the Neo side and not available at all on the Cloud Foundry side. Try carefully and don't expect too much.

Cheers, Lutz

lucasvaccaro
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Correct. Operations that use basic authentication (such as Cloud Connector and Neo console client) will only work with IAS users (P-user IDs). The platform won't perform basic authentication against third-party entities.