cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Conversational AI - Custom Entity Question

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently using SAP Conversational AI to have a bot recognize different items when asked about them. However, one of my items is "can" and when a user will ask "can I hear about cream" it will recognize both "can" and "cream" when I only want it to recognize "cream." My entity is currently a restricted entity titled "object" with enhancement for each item under "name." Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks in advanced!

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Joey,

Restricted entities are a great tool to quickly set-up the detection of medium amounts (think from ±10 to ±10,000) of words/phrases that should be detected as such no matter the context. On the other hand, free entities are a bit more complex to train, but will be context-aware.

What I suggest is to switch your entity type to free, provide examples, and use training analytics (in the MONITOR > Training Analytics tab) to get a performance review and tips to improve your training.

Depending on the entity, the number of examples can be ±20 (where the context is always the same, and the number of entity values is low, e.g. HTTP error codes), ±200 (where the context is somewhat similar across occurrences, and the number of entity values is medium, e.g. metro stations), or ±2000 (where the context can be anything, and the number of entity values can be infinite, e.g. dates and times).

Hope that helps