Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori Elements RAP Application - Partial Blank key field

abhi1185
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on Fiori Elements based application in RAP framework (without draft functoinality). In my requirement , I have two key fields say WBS and Cost center. Either of the two will be filled.

If I don't touch enter any value in one of the field and enter other one , its saving correctly.

However in edit mode, if I just type some value and remove it(**without even saving) in blank field, it starts giving error that 'Enter Valid Value'

I can understand that as it's a key field , its not accepting blank value, but its not full key, its just a part of key. Also I have not even saved it , just entering on UI and then removing it triggers error.

Some solutions suggest GUID based key instead of below two. However in that case we need to do all Key related validations manually.

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it a V4 application? Can you provide us the URL/credentials where we can see the behavior?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Sandeep

View Entire Topic
NaveenKumarC
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Abhishek,

Keys should not be editable in Update mode ( When EDIT button is clicked ). To make these fields not editable during EDIT, in the BDEF please use the syntax

field ( readonly : update ) <WBS>, <Cost Center>;

Regards,

Naveen Kumar Chikkanna.