cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.50 Installation Errors

I have downloaded & installed the latest SAP Gui 7.50. Previously there was no gui installed on Windows 10 64 bit laptop.

When I try to launch the app, I get a lot of errors regarding missing .dll files. I have updated the C++ environment & checked that all of the missing .dll files are now present. Yet this problem persists.

former_member186752
Participant
0 Kudos

We are also facing the same behaviour.

The setup is: new laptop with a fresh win10 installation.

I've spent a couple of hours installing all the .NET Frameworks (2,3,4,4.5,4.6) and also the Microsoft C libraries and I've managed to reduce the number of errors to 19.
Also tried to perform a clean deinstall and reinstall SAPGui 7.5 (cleaned the registry entries) but the installation is always ending with errors.

After reducing the number of errors to 19 the SAPGui is starting, analyzer is also working but it just doesn't feel right (knowing that the installation process completed with errors).

0 Kudos

Marian and Russell,

I am have the same problem. Were you able to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Jim

former_member920492
Discoverer
0 Kudos

After Windows fall creators update SAP GUI no longer installs correctly, I'm not sury why.

I tried on 2 PCs with windows 10, one with a Fresh Install and another that was updated.

Both have the same issue and returns a lot of errors and both machines didn't have the Sap Gui installed before.

If you have the GUI 750 before the Fall Creators Update it'll work normally.

I'm not sure If SAP wil lhave to do something or Microsoft.

0 Kudos

Alex,

Thank you for responding.

What is the "Windows fall creators" and the "Fall Creators Update" references?

Should we revert to an earlier version of Windows 10?

Best Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos

Folks,

Is it possible that SAP Setup is using the wrong version of regsvr32.exe to try to register the DLLs and OCXs?

0 Kudos

Alex,

Never mind. I found out what the Fall Creators Update was.

Unfortunately, I updated my Windows more than 10 days ago and I can't revert the update.

I think the problem has something to do with the new versions of regsvr32.exe

Thanks,

Jim

former_member340466
Discoverer
0 Kudos

did someone found an work around for this issue? I've tried to update my Gui here and now it's all crashed.

0 Kudos

I found a work-around.

I copied the installation folder to a slow thumb drive and I installed SAP GUI from there.

Try it,

Jim

View Entire Topic
mirceacr
Explorer
0 Kudos

It works perfect if you install from a USB stick.

mirceacr
Explorer
0 Kudos

I confirm it works using this method !

former_member550287
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Mircea Cristian is right. I also confirm that it works by installing from a flash disk. It seems that SAPGUI installer expect it to be installed from a removable disk like a CD or flash disk.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you please raise a tickt for this as it's important that a permanent solution be provided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can confirm, USB Solution is working.

Install from Network-drive also not possible. - gave me much headache...

ramgopalyadav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Installing from a USB worked fine for me as well