cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GW & SAP Fiori: return specific http code & error message

tobiasfue
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have a Fiori interface, which gets data from SAP GW. Now we create function modules that provide the data. To do this, we go to the SEGW and create an entity and have SAP generate the implementation automatically.

We do this by clicking on "GetEntitySet" -> Assign to Data Source" in the tree "Service Implementation -> Entity -> Right click and assign the RFC created before. SAP now creates an automatic implementation.

Is it possible that we can send a specific error message from the RFC module to the frontend? We do not work in the generated DPC class, but only in the RFC module!

From here, please correct me, we have no access to the DPC classes or the gateway context. An example without ABAP OO would be great 🙂

View Entire Topic
tobiasfue
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

this is the generated code part that calls my RFC (DPC class).

The Bapi table is not used anywhere and my messages for the errors/exceptions are not queried.

What do I have to do to get my own error message sent to the frontend. I cannot use a class-based exception because I am in the RFC module. ABAP 7.31, IW_BEP 200 SPL 0011. Thanks!

CALL FUNCTION lv_rfc_name
         EXPORTING
           par1       = var1
           par2       = var2
         IMPORTING
           t_items     = t_items
         EXCEPTIONS
           empty_result   = 1
           select_error   = 2
           system_failure = 1000  message lv_exc_msg
           OTHERS         = 1002.

lv_subrc = sy-subrc.
former_member185414
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had a similar scenario where we had My inbox service interacting with ECC and SRM systems, As far as I remember we programmed explicitly to get the sy-subrc or error code from RFC FM and then raise an error message via coding in DPC_EXT class.

May I know why are you not open to programming in DPC_EXT.