Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Cloud Multi Environment Version - Binding against CAP App

rgadirov
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP BTP & CAP experts,

as the the CF based HANA Cloud DB is now considered as deprecated and existing data bases automatically deleted, I created a new instance of the new mutli environment, de-coupled (of CF space) version of HANA Cloud. I would like to know now how to bind it against my application which previously was bound to the CF HANA Cloud. Is there any concrete guidance based on a real sample application? What changes need to be done to mta.yaml to access the newly created HANA Cloud instance. It worked well with the older version, but now after creation of multi environment version (even if space mapping via ORG ID and space guid provided) is not accessible or listed within BAS.

Can you please support?

Thank you in advance.

BR
Rufat

Dinu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did the "existing data bases automatically deleted"?

Did this happen for you? I have several data bases created longtime ago. I did not think these will simply get deleted. I thought only the tools/HANA Central access is deprecated.

rgadirov
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi dinu.pavithran

those with plan "hana free" might be deleted by SAP it seems - without any notification - because this happened to us over christmas holidays. The previous, Cloud Foundry based database was one day just shut down and data gone - not really deleted but with info: "Not found" and no longer accessible. The successor, CF independent, multi environment one also got deleted with free plan. But I have raised an incident to get more information on this approach by SAP. I am not sure if this can always happen, so I definitely need more info as well because I didn´t understand why it was gone....

View Entire Topic
vansyckel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi rufat

From a CAP perspective: Once you create the instance mapping (I even omitted the space ID), you can create a HDI container via CF CLI. Hence, there should be no difference when deploying via MTA. As before, you'll need to provide a database_id if you have multiple HANA instances available.

Best,
Sebastian

rgadirov
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi vansyckel,

thank you! It was indeed easier than I thought! I just created a new service instance of "SAP HANA Schemas & HDI Containers" via BTP cockpit manually. Afterwards, I bound my application within BAS via its "SAP HANA Projects" view against the newly created service instance. In my package.json I already have a script for deployment to HANA Cloud: "scripts": { "hana": "cds deploy --to hana: multienv_db --auto-undeploy", and I used it to deploy my artifacts directly to the new HDI container and it worked very well.

BR
Rufat