cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Hana Studio - How to create a user that only has access to a certain tenant tables?

former_member601123
Participant

Hello,

Currently, i´m working on the integration between SAP Hana and ArcGIS.

I have multitenant Hana DB, this DB has access to tenant A, tenant B and tenant C.

I need to create a user with restricted access to some tables and CDS Views of the tenant A, this user should not be allowed to access information from tenant B and C.

How to identify which table belongs to which tenant?

How can i restrict the user to point to one single tenant?

How can i define which tables will be visible to this user?

Best Regards.

View Entire Topic
dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

if it helps, you can think of tenant databases as virtual machines (guest) with the SYSTEM database as the host.

This is very different from the database architecture from Microsoft SQL Server, for example.

I need to create a user with restricted access to some tables and CDS Views of the tenant A, this user should not be allowed to access information from tenant B and C.

How to identify which table belongs to which tenant?

The connection defines the database you are connected to; once connected all tables belong to that and only that tenant.

How can i restrict the user to point to one single tenant?

>> default configuration. Users are defined at the tenant database level. Access from one tenant to another is possible but requires some configuration.

How can i define which tables will be visible to this user?

The PUBLIC role enables access to the data dictionary making tables visible (but not accessible) to the user. By revoking the PUBLIC role and explicitly granting the tables to a role and the role to a user (preferably) you can define this.

For the documentation, see