cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Integration Suite, Advanced Event Mesh support for SAP CAP

Andrew_Mai
Participant

For now, the Messaging part of SAP CAP is support SAP Event Mesh. We're facing a performance problem because of the limit constraints of Event Mesh with Message through put size is only 250KB/s. So I'm looking for another option, look like Advanced Event Mesh is the right choice. But CAP does not support it out of the box. Is there any plan to support Advanced Event Mesh for SAP CAP in the near future?

Also, if I have to write a plugin to add another kind of for the MessagingService, is there some guide or tutorial to point where to start from that?

View Entire Topic
KStrothmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

1. The 250 KB/s is the guaranteed throughput of Event Mesh. This is the guaranteed minimum you get. Typically you get more out of EM. Just to be specific.

2. I understand you need more throughput. AEM is a very good choice.

3. Now, the important part of your question: CAP support is on the roadmap / planned for Advanced Event Mesh for Q2/2024.

Best,

Karsten

Andrew_Mai
Participant
0 Kudos

1. We got way too much 429 error when there are a lot of message need to be emitted from different service. Event the outbox support re-delivery, the message take too long to consume the message in the outbox. Which make the whole solutions performance down. We have to edit the chunkSize to 25 to lower the rate 429 error happend.

2. Is there a soure on the AEM message through put size? I only see a document about the API Rate Limiting, but there are not real number about how much it can handle. This is a big factor for us to consider to migrate from Event Mesh to AEM or not.

3. Thanks for CAP team hard work, but in the mean time, I think I will have to find a way to workaround when switch to AEM, maybe I will have to write a plugin myself.