cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Integration Suite - Message Metric Question on File Based Interfaces ?

menona
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

This is a question regarding - How a message is defined and metered in SAP Integration Suite.

Scenario - File Based Integrations. Inbound and Outbound. Example below

• Inbound - Upload a file from application server file (AL11) into SAP using SAP Program.
  • Outbound - Generate a file using SAP Program and save the file to a folder in application server

Question : File based Integrations in SAP counted as messages by SAP Integration Suite meters ?

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello menona.

How are you? I have excluded the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud" and included the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility" for this question, as Integrations are related to Extensibility.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

View Entire Topic
MaAll
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is not a direct answer to your question, but it is an important side note related to your scenario.

It is not currently possible to implement your scenario directly in Integration Suite in the way you've outlined. There is currently no local file adapter possible due to Cloud integration being a cloud based system. Similar scenarios would use an SFTP server rather than a direct file adapter.

Now that EIC has been released, according to the SAP Roadmap a local file adapter will be made available in Q2 2024. File Adapter Roadmap

menona
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello @ma_all

Thanks for the reply. We are sill in ECC and file format for upload or download using SAP Programs are either CSV or TXT.

Question 1 - Can I keep this scenario out of Integration suite and continue the same way I am doing now in S4 or S4 RISE?

Question 2 : If I have to use SFTP server then will that become a part of SAP Integration suite and then the file based interfaces data interfaces will be counted as Messages ?