Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG-F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

would appreciate some inputs / thoughts on the following :

1. Is there any Rapid Deployment Solution focused for MDG-F ?

2. what are the integration channels with BODS or BPC ? are there any adapters provided or all needs to be custom developed ?

3. What level of rules & template customization can be done ?

4. If deployment is standalone then how it will be in sync/use the underlying ECC work flow ? and finally,

5. and any recommendations from SAP on the deployment scenario with the background that if there is road map to move to HANA in the future - what will be pros and cons then to migrate to HANA platform ( if we dont adopt HANA now)

thanks

-Adrivit

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Adrivit,

here some comments to your inquiries:

1. RDS – no, today there is no dedicated RDS for MDG-F
    available. The general MDG RDS is offering some accelerators but not specific
    for finance.
  2. Integration – the standard outbound integration from MDG-F
    foresees mapping to e.g. BPC / BO-FC content. The inbound handling at BO side is
    unfortunately not available, but a file transfer integration is possible, or building an inbound Web Service. For ABAP based systems also ALE/Idoc Integration is predefined.
  3. Assuming the question is towards customizability in general –
    we are reusing SAP Business Workflow and the generic BRF+ for Business Rules, in
    both areas you can freely adapt to specific needs. We deliver two workflow
    templates, however it is not mandatory to use them.
  4. The typical MDG workflow (using SAP Business Workflow)
    starts and ends in MDG. But as it is the standard Business Workflow, e.g. using
    the UWL, it would also be possible to address work items to users to be
    executed on another (e.g. ECC) system.
  5. There are two aspects towards the HANA deployment in MDG
    context. One is the technical readiness to deploy MDG on HANA just as a
    underlying Database. The other is to leverage HANA capabilities, which today
    are being brought to MDG in the search&match area. Both are optional, and
    you can switch to a HANA scenario later if you deploy MDG on a standard DB
    today.

Best regards,

Christian.

SAP Solution Management EIM

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, I have noted your feedback in November 2013 about the availability of an RDS for MDG-F. Do you have any idea if and when an RDS will be available for MDG-F and also when MDG7 for MDG-F will be ready for deployment.

Secondly I am at a new client and MDG-F was never implemented in my country before and I would need some documentation to assist me to configure MDG-F. I have already implemented MDG-M and MDG-S at clients using RDS.

Your feedback will be much appreciated

Thanks and best regards

Riaan

0 Kudos

Hi Riaan,

there are plans to ship a new MDG RDS which will also include MDG-F content, but currently the delivery date is not fixed yet. Target is Q2, but this is not a promise.

MDG-F is out in Ramp Up in Release 7.0 since November 2013, and application for participation in Ramp Up is possible at any time. Usually the Ramp Up phase takes 6 months until general availability.

The implementation guide, also including MDG-F can be found under:

Configuration of Master Data Governance - SAP Master Data Governance - SAP Library

Best,

Christian.