Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG Finance GL Account Type Value when loading data

former_member786669
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently busy with a project where the data migration team is loading GL Account data into the MDG system using the Mass Upload functionality in MDG 2020.

We have noticed that the value maintained in the upload file for attribute "GL Account Type" gets saved with a different value in the target SKA1 table. Example: When loading a GL account with a GL Account Type value of "P" through file upload CR, it gets saved n the SKA1 table as "N".

The value that gets saved in staging if different(Same as in upload .txt file = "P"). I assume there is mapping between account type (1. Balance Sheet, 2 Profit and Loss) and GL account type(X= Balance Sheet Account, N = Nonoperating Expense or income, P = Primary Costs or revenue, S = Secondary Costs)? Can Anyone please let me know how to load these values into field SKA1-GLACCOUNT_TYPE through a MDG CR?

Much Appreciated

0 Kudos

Hello Braam,

Since your reported matter sounds like a bug and requires debugging to solve it, I would recommend you to open a customer case at SAP.

Oliver Deutsch

SAP MDG Product Team

former_member786669
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Oliver,

OSS raised and SAP issued note 2881799 which resolved the issue.

Regards

Braam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member786669
Discoverer

Update: Logged issue with SAP. They have created note that solves the issue:

2881799 - GL Account type lost during replication from MDGF

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0012anirban
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Braam,

Could let me know which version of MDG are you using and whether you are leveraging the integrated cost element maintenance functionality of MDG.

By looking at the data provided Account type 'P' and S/4 created as 'N', I am guessing that you are on MDG 9.0 without the integrated cost element maintenance option, in which case MDG supports only P/L and Balance sheet while S/4 HANA there are 5 account types in 2020 release.

So while replicating the data based on the cost element data available it classifies account as primary cost / non-operating etc.

Regards

Anirban

former_member786669
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

Thanks for the response. Customer is running MDG 9.2 on HANA 2020 and we are not utilizing integrated cost element maintenance.

Regards