Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDK Android Issues

itsumerfarooq
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Question 1:

When we change the device font settings (larger text) in Android device the SAP MDK app page view become bigger. Is there any way to block the device font size effect on SAP MDK app?

Question 2:

When we change the device font setting in Android device , the SAP MDK bottom navigation page (Tab bar) view become bigger and shows us scroll effect. Can we lock the scrolling effect ? Please suggestimage-2023-11-14t14-50-52-407z.png

itsumerfarooq
Participant
0 Kudos

bill.froelich Could you please suggest something here?

View Entire Topic
bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Q1: No it is not possible to block the font size adjustments to my knowledge. MDK is designed to scale for accessibility.

Q2: I tried to reproduce this but am not seeing the bottom navigation tabs shifting off the page. The labels grown and truncate but I'm not able to reproduce. Can you share what settings (font size) changes you used to produce that?

itsumerfarooq
Participant
0 Kudos

Font & display size -> Font size

itsumerfarooq
Participant
0 Kudos

Any update on this?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I did some more testing and it looks like you are using a Tabs page with the buttons at the bottom. Tabs are designed to scroll should they not all fit on the screen. So when the font / display sizes are increased it may cause tabs to no longer fit on the screen and require scrolling.

The alternative would be to use a Bottom Navigation page instead. On the bottom navigation page, the tabs will not scroll and when increasing the font / display the text will get larger and truncate.

itsumerfarooq
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Yes, we are using TabBar and not the BottomNavigation control. Is there a workaround for Tabbar control?

The reason we did not use BottomNavigation we see an extra header at the top of Page headers that we do not want. Is there any way to avoid that extra header?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No, the tab bar is designed to scroll based if needed to handle more tabs than can fit on the screen. Bottom Navigation will support up to 5 tabs only and will never scroll.

If you clear the caption and do not have any action bar buttons on the bottom navigation page, then it should not display a navigation bar and you will only have the nav bar of the active page in the selected tab. Not knowing the design of your application, we do recommend that the bottom navigation page be the main page of your application.

itsumerfarooq
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

We are able to resolve the scrolling issue with Bottom Navigation but according to our branding, tabs should be highlighted with an underline with green color on selection and we do not seem to achieve that with BottomNavigation, it works with Tab bar though. Is this correct understanding?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Bottom Nav does not support the same color bar as a tab page but does support selected styling.

https://help.sap.com/doc/3642933ef2e1478fb1578ef2acba4ae9/Latest/en-US/reference/schemadoc/Styles/Ta...

I would suggest testing this to see if it can meet your requirements.