Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Personas - Optimizing the data transfer to backend

Martin_Jaksa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.

I would like to reduce the backend calls in specific parts of the process.

When I click on checkbox, it always calls the backend. I would like to just click all checkboxes, then save with another button.

This request also applies to other entered data (for instance input filed).

Optimization 2:

I know how to set the Variant to reduce the columns when using personas to reduce data transfer, but I would like to leave the original for classic transactions, but when using personas I would like to use different variant. How to achieve this?

Is there another way to do this? For instance, I would like to use in Personas only 4 columns out of 30.

View Entire Topic
Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) CheckBox & backend

-The way I did it ... Just create my own checkbox\textbox; and only when they user is finish doing the entries; I would proceed to use scripts to activate the corresponding checkbox.

2) ALV Table variant

-Depends on the Tcode that you used and how you like to restrict them. Some Tcode allow ALV table variant selection by user id (E.g. Sales Order). some have an initial screen with "Layout" field via which you could specify before running (E.g. Most ABAP Queries), some actually have ABAP exits via which you could specify the ALV table variant depending on various factors ...