cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TDMS 4.0 on S4/HANA

skalmantas0
Explorer

Hello,

As per SAP notes 163291 (SAP TDMS 4.0: Release Note) and 2696183 (Generation errors installation/upgrade of S4HANA 1809/1909) TDMS is "technically compatible with S/4 core in S/4 HANA context but, the functional correctness will be updated once we have the final plan for TDMS in S/4 HANA and currently TDMS solution is not available in S/4 HANA environment."

Because it is "technically compatible", has anyone managed to successfully run scrambling or data transfer in S4 / HANA 1809?

Any feedback is appreciated.

View Entire Topic
shouvik
Employee
Employee

Hello Everyone,

We have now successfully completed project-based consulting TDMS solutions for S/4 HANA:

1. Time-Based Reduction

2. Object Based Reduction (Utilities)

3. Data Scrambling

Please contact me for further information.

Please note that we (SAP Consulting) cannot comment on TDMS roadmap. Please contact product owner for standard product roadmaps.

Thanks,

Shouvik

amayajuarez
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am also interested, we are currently using data scrambling on S/4 HANA landscape, which is working properly but we need to manage systems refresh using time based reduction approach.

Thanks!

Amaia

0 Kudos

Hi Shouvik,

Any SAP note which is released which suggests the above activities, can be performed in S4HANA via TDMS..I want to reach out to you for more information...can you provide your mail ID or follow me back?

Regards,

Basis

0 Kudos

Hello Shouvik, where you able to simulate? With 1909 installed on S4HANA, i get kickout of the logon screen of the target system when trying to Simulate. This is happening sing the upgrade. Can you hlep me or direct me where to search?

Thanks !

sanjayrajarao
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are interested in data scrambling. How can we connect with you.

Thanks

former_member321479
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Shouvik,

I would like to get more information about TDMS solutions for S/4HANA as well.

KR

Torben

0 Kudos

I would be interested to know as well Shouvik .

Could you please share some details around the same ?

Regards,

Sugopa

0 Kudos

TDMS is not supported/ recommended for S/4HANA and it would stop working to give the intended benefit sooner than later.

So please stop such projects and look for new solutions.

you can look for the project based evaluation of another tool at SAP as in this blog. This tool is not commercial but under evaluation at this point in time.

DATA Scrambling for SAP S/4HANA and LOB solutions | SAP Blogs

shouvik
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

You can reach out to me directly or through your TQM/MaxAttention Sponsor/Market Unit for more details regarding a project based approach for TDMS on S/4HANA. Even though we continue to perform successful project based execution of Data Reduction and Scrambling, please note that there is no standard (incident) support for this. If you require product roadmap regarding TDMS, please reach out to the product team.

Update: Latest successful POC have been performed on S/4HANA 1909 version, with S/4HANA 2020 under evaluation.

Thanks,

Shouvik

sanketdias
Explorer

Hi Shouvik,

Good to hear from you..

We had a discussion with the Product team in Germany few months back and got to know there is no road map for TDMS to support on-premise S/4HANA.. Also there are discussions on support for cloud versions of S/4HANA.

Regards,

Sanket