Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP UI5 vs Fiori

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I understood the following differences between SAP UI5 app and Fiori App.

• UI5 application can be created with out component.js and  database can be either HANA or ERP and minimum netweaver is 7.3 or higher.
  • But For FLP, component.js is mandatory and database should be HANA and minimum netweaver should be 7.4 with sps7 or higher.

I have few questions can any one give me clarity.

• Is my understanding that FLP should have HANA correct ? or it can be launched and executed with NW 7.4 with ERP as well?
  • Is manifest.json complusory for FLP ?
  • What is INA node in SICF? Will it appear with HANA as database or will it appear with ERP as well? i could not see INA node in 7.3 version and hence i am curious does this node come with 7.4 of NW or with HANA db.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Hyma

View Entire Topic
saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HANA DB is not mandatory for all Fiori apps. You can very well develop a custom Firoi app/run a standard transactional app on any DB/HANA DB. HANA DB is a prerequisite for only certain transactional Fiori apps, Analytical apps and Factsheet apps.

Also it is not mandatory for a Fiori app that runs on FLP to have manifest.json (app descriptor) though it is part of the architecture in Web IDE and a recommended design approach. For a Fiori app to run in FLP it is mandatory that there should be a Component.js file and the app should be based on an intent (semantic object-action).

InA comes with SAP HANA. It is Info Access toolkit for HTML5. The InA toolkit is a set of HTML5 templates and UI controls which you can use to configure a modern, highly interactive UI running in a browser.