Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapui5 app navigation - from one Zapp1 to another zapp2

agnihotro_sinha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement where a zapp1 is called from fiori launchpad and it should work as a dasboard or entry to other smaller apps (these smaller apps are not registered in launchpads).

Now, on clicking a specific tile in the dashbrd zapp1 , i wish to load zapp2 in an embedded view inside a container of zapp1.

I am using runasowner component to call the zapp2.

the concern is that I wish to use the zapp2 ' s manifest and routing feature inside zapp2 navigation - but i am unable to use them. it always refers to zapp1's manifest. I understand that zapp1 is the hosting app and hence we should have all the routes mentioend in zapp1.

But as a dynamic frmwrk, i wish to pass on full control to child apps (like zapp2, zapp_n) but everything should have ZApp1 as the entry point. how can i implement such a frmwrk?
Inside hosting app:

addDynamicChildView: function(){
	        	// check for existing page and destroy
	        	if(this.getView().byId("idDynNavPageContainer").getPage(this.getView().createId("CHILD1"))){
	        		this.getView().byId("idDynNavPageContainer").getPage(this.getView().createId("CHILD1")).destroy();
	        	}
	        	var sId = this.getView().createId("CHILD1");
                sViewNameInCtx = this.getOwnerComponent().runAsOwner(function() {
                    return new sap.ui.core.mvc.XMLView(sId, {
                        viewName: "child.app.views.CHILD1Main"
                    });
                });
                this.getView().byId("idDynNavPageContainer").addPage(sViewNameInCtx);

},

Thanks,

Ags

former_member312987
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ags

Have you considered to include those zapps type of apps in the Target Mapping definition and navigate via App to App Navigation?

Saludos

Raquel

shwetanargachhe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are you looking for overview app?.Dashboards and drill down to next individual application .You can check overview templates based approach.

https://help.sap.com/viewer/825270ffffe74d9f988a0f0066ad59f0/CF/en-US/5302847cd1dd4892870ba843e6c3bc...

agnihotro_sinha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel,

When you say "Target Mapping definition and navigate via App to App" are you referring to registering the apps in launchpad? or standalone call from within the host app?

Could you provide an example or link for the above process?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)