cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBPA Integration with Flexible Workflow in Public Cloud

melinaraptaki
Explorer

Hello,

I have a scenario in S/4 Public Cloud where I want to approve purchase orders using SAP Build Process Automation. Is it possible to integrate the flexible workflow with SBPA, so that the PO is approved once the approval has been given in BTP?

Thank you.

Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

adding tag 'S/4HANA Cloud for Sourcing and Procurement'

rpalotai
Participant

Hi Melina,

I think it is possible.

You have to create a simple approval process in SPA with a starting API trigger. This mustbe called from S/4 Public Cloud. As you can't write any ABAP code in S/4 Public Cloud , I think we have to use the BTP event mesh where we can register S/4 Public Cloud PO creation event. This part I'm uncertain...

The event can trigger the PO apporval SPA process.

After approval form the process can run an Activity which is an API call to S/4 Public Cloud to confirm the PO.

Br

Richard

melinaraptaki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

Thank you very much for your response. That was my idea as well, however I am not sure there is an API available to confirm a PO (or at least I haven't managed to find one). Do you have any idea how that could be possible?

Thank you,

Melina

Cassaro
Explorer

Melina, the S4 API you need to create an Action Project around is this one:

http://***:*****/sap/opu/odata/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING;v=2/

so you can make calls from inside your Business Process and command the decision to the Flexible WF. You can also read information from running Flexible WFs (you may need it).

melinaraptaki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your help!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Cassaro
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Melina! Yes, that´s perfecly doable. We´re doing this here in our current project.

You can use the standard Action project "TASKPROCESSING", method "Invoke action Decision", from inside the Build Business Process, and with this you release the flexible workflow in S4

Best regards, Eric.

melinaraptaki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eric!

Thank you very much for this!

Could you by any chance let me know how you imported this action project into your process?

Thank you,

Melina

Cassaro
Explorer

In fact, contrary to what I said before, TASKPROCESSING isn´t a standard Action Project. It´s a service in S4 and you must create your own Action Project based on its EDMX.

More details to come...

Answers (0)