cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling a Web I Report for each user with different prompt

harshiljoshi
Explorer

I have a Web I report which requires to be mailed to each user with their respective prompt.

As shown below I have 2000 users as prompt and I want each report with a single prompt value to be sent to each user, for e.g.

XYZ Report with Prompt Username: A should send to A.AA@xyz.com

XYZ Report with Prompt Username: B should send to B.BB@xyz.com

XYZ Report with Prompt Username: C should send to C.ABC@xyz.com like wise to 2000 users

Kindly let me know howto achieve this.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

More relevant tags are added.

View Entire Topic
boman_hwang
Participant
0 Kudos

Are you using SAP BW as your data source? Then you could create a customer exit for each user on your query or set a default value for the user in the prompt and then use a publication to send out the report. In the publication, you can then set the report bursting in the advanved settings to run a database fetch for each user, which would then allow the customer exit/default value to be used for each individual user.

As another alternative, you could use dynamic recipients and create a second Report just for the mapping to use in your publication. That should be described in detail in the admin guide, I always considered it a little fiddly to get it to work properly.

harshiljoshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Boman. I will surely try the first approach the second approach is having some restriction.