Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCP Custom Domain and SAPUI5 Library

gustavo_simil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm working on a customer who has a very severe policy for internet access. Most of its users are not allowed to access any browser outside the company's domain.

We are considering the SCP Custom Domain feature to avoid issues such as blocked access. The SCP applications will be accessed from SCP Portal (Fiori Launchpad Portal). Users are authenticated using SCP IdP that delegates the authentication to the company own IdP.

We noticed that when user access the Launchpad, besides the application URL (*.ca1.hana.ondemand.com), others URL are called such as SAPUI5 library (sapui5.hana.ondemand.com) and the SCP URL as well (idptenant.hana.ondemand.com).

My question is: if we configure the SCP Custom domain, will the SAPUI5 and SCP IDP URLs still be called with the hana.ondemand.com domain? Or will they assume the custom domain as well? If they are still called with the hana.ondemand.com domain, the users will be blocked, and the custom domain will not solve our problem fully.

Thanks,

Gustavo

View Entire Topic
dragomir_anachkov
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo,

I think the custom domain will be valid only for the application that it's mapped to. Thus, I'm not sure that this will solve your problem entirely.

Depending on the use case, maybe using a reverse proxy might be the more suitable option? You can find more information about it here: Configuring Application Access via On-Premise Reverse Proxy

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,

Dragomir