cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCP Workflow (Neo) - Parallel Gateway with Email and User task getting duplicated

former_member652746
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've created a Workflow on a Neo environment that was running fine until i had the requirement of: Sending an email to the approver "together" with the User Task, to notify him that there are itens to approve etc... The requirement is also to send the email on a "parallel" execution, so if there are any errors on the sending process the User Task would be provided without any issues... By searching documentation about it (have not found any), i've a found a Blog telling that using Parallel Gateway this scenario can be achieved, so i did it like this:

On the First "step", the email and the User Task are correctly executed, but on the second "step" after some minutes that the email and the User Task are booth executed correctly, the User Task get's created again (same one)!

Example:

And when i try to process any one of them, it gives processing error.

It happens sometimes to some "steps" of the approval process (here called N1, N2, N3, etc...), most of the times happens when the first User Task is not processed within a few minutes (even if the email is already sent with success), then it get's repeated.

Question: Has anyone faced the same issue and know's how to solve the requirement? Looks like a bug fix incident type of issue but maybe someone has the solution here.

PS: I've also tried to place a email task BEFORE the user task, also had some issues (like same email sent more than one time, etc..), but even with the issue it would not the o "parallel" execution, so if there is a error on the email execution the User Task would not be created...

Many Thanks.

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

This is a known issue we've been working on. Could you please mention which landscape you are using?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Vasil

former_member652746
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Vasil,

I'm using a Neo Subaccount -> Brazil Region, with everything setup correctly (Portal Service, Workflow, Web IDE, etc.).

Also, there is another issue regarding the Email Task, as it's getting repeated if one of them does not complete correctly. Check this example, for some reason one of the Email Task started and it did not end, so after a few seconds a lot of them started also (also not ending)... The issue is, for each Task started i've received an email (my Inbox below). In this scenario it tried 20 times until got completed, i've received more then 20 emails...

Is this also a known issue?

Should i open an Incident for them?

Regards.