cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script right-click action in Personas

rtdrake
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all - I've seen a lot of content on how to suppress the right-click action in SAP Screen Personas but not how to script the action to force it to occur.

We have a specific scenario, that I am surprised has not come up before here (at least that I could find). Based on existing limitations in several t-codes we require a method of forcing a right-click action via Personas scripting so the resulting menu option can be scripted to click.

Does anyone have an idea how to do such a thing?

Background:

We are moving with an S/4HANA upgrade from utilizing SAP GUI for Windows to SAP GUI for HTML for our classic transaction code UIs. With this move in common payment/receivable type t-codes (this example F-28) a feature has been disabled for the use of Page Up / Page Down when accessing via a browser (Note 2444595 covers the limitation).

The Note requires all users to know to use right-click then select an option for Page Up / Page Down without any screen indications of the change. Our customer is concerned the change will be very confusing for users as they lose functionality and the required user action is undocumented visually.

Our solution was to add a Page Up / Page Down button via Personas. This works for Page Down which does not require a right-click as the keyboard shortcuts for the action work. However the First Page or Previous Page keyboard shortcuts do not work in GUI for HTML using Microsoft Edge as of S/4 2021 FPS01 so I am trying to figure out the manual right-click then selecting the menu action as an alternative course.

Screenshots:

By default the user in GUI for HTML needs to magically "know" to right click, desired solution is to utilize Personas to add dedicated buttons to pop-up dialog screen to automate this step.

Personas scripting for "Next Page" functions by scripting keyboard shortcut of Shift+F11, but the keyboard shortcuts for Previous Page/First Page are not functioning. Requiring dedicated clicking of right-click to generate the menu which can then be automated.

View Entire Topic
Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have NOT try this for WebGUI; but the script function below work well for me Slipstream ... In the example below, this is equivalent to Open the Context menu, select item #4

HTH ...

Before Kernel 7.5

session.findById("wnd[0]/mpop/menu[4]").select()

After Kernel 7.5

session.findById("wnd[0]/mnu/menu[4]").select()