cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

searchString on QueryOptions

0 Kudos

I am using Object Table on Section page and using rule on QueryOptions to get filtered data. I have also assigned SearchEnabled as true. As I search on Searchbox, I get entered value in Rule in clientAPI.searchString, which I use in the logic and filter the table data. It work fine.

However, As I add other control(Note for example) before object table, Rule doesn't get value on clientAPI.searchString on doing search. can anyone help what could be the reason for that?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

What device (ios, android, web) and version are you using? Can you share the whole page metadata?

0 Kudos

Hi Bill

I am testing it with iOS and web, and having the same issue in both. Please find attached page metadata and Fragment used in the page.

Thanks, Ujjaval

alltake5page.txttake5listobjectcelladminfragment.txt

View Entire Topic
bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Sorry for the delay, I missed seeing your comment.

I would expect searchString to still be populated when there are multiple sections on the page. I will log a bug about it to investigate further.

The good news is that there is a workaround. You can get the search string by getting the section and then referencing the search string.

context.getPageProxy().getControl('SectionedTable').getSection('SectionObjectTable0').searchString
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill.

The workaround to read correct searchString works.