cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending data to FROM SAP DI to S4/HANA SAP standard Tables

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting master data from third party into SAP DI using API and from SAP DI, Data need to move into S4/HANA 2020 Standard Tables.

Please help me with the process OR Steps to load data into standard table in S4/HANA from SAP DI.

Please consider it bit urgent.

Thank you.

Deepak Rai.

Lee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

Indeed, an interesting use case to work on. The design and solution approach need to consider scalability /performance etc.

1. Connection to the third party system and load source data to SAP DI

2. Connection to S4HANA ( Is this on prem or Cloud instance )

2. Pipelines to develop in SAP DI for data management

Pre-requisites

Connection Management on Data Intelligence

• Configuration required in Data Intelligence to connect to S/4HANA On-Premise

SAP S/4HANA Security Settings

• Security steps, required notes and user management on S/4HANA for connectivity

SAP S/4HANA Whitelisting

• Required whitelisting steps to allow metadata browsing and data extraction

Important Notes

• Notes used during the configuration for required steps or additional info

Connection Test, Metadata Explorer and Data Extraction

• Test your configuration in Data Intelligence and run a first pipeline for data extraction
Lee
Participant
0 Kudos

Once Connection is setup in DI, you will be able to access CDS views and view/work with them.

Below blogs will also be helpful for you, hope you are able to do this. Any issues, please let me know. happy to help 🙂

https://blogs.sap.com/2019/12/04/integrate-sap-data-intelligence-and-s-4hana-cloud-to-utilise-cds-vi...

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/05/27/how-to-integrate-sap-data-intelligence-and-sap-s-4hana-anypremise/

Best regards

Leena

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

Thanks for your reply.

Vendor master and customer master data is coming to DI vai API from ECC system. Once data reached to DI then these Vendor and customer master need to move into S4HANA standard table BP000.

I did not find any operator OR mechanism to load data directly in S4/HANA standard tables using DI.

If you know any process to load data from DI to S4/HANA Standard tables.

Thanks.

Deepak

lochner_louw
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Deepak,

Never write data to directly SAP tables. Go through APIs or Standard Function Modules.

You can do the following:

DI doesn't cover process/transactional integration - that is what SAP Integration Suite is for and why you will find orchestration operators in DI for SAP Data Services and SAP Integration Suite (iFlows and SAP Open Connectors) . Master Data Integration is a SAP MDG topic.

Regards,
Lochner