cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session timeout on BAS

Joel_John
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am using BAS for all my development work. And in the middle of writing my programs, the session automatically closes and asks me login again. I'm not sure what is causing this, since I usually do not have other sessions open for BTP. Does anyone have any clue as to what might be happening and how to set a longer session timeout?

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The BAS team uploaded a fix.
Please stop and start your devspace, and after accessing your devspace - please refresh the browser cache for this page (for example in Chrome browser, open the developer tools, click and hold the tab's refresh icon, and select "empty cache and hard reload").

Thanks,
Rotem

Joel_John
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

It seemed to be fine for a while, but I just got logged out again when typing some controller logic.

Perhaps the logs might tell you something?

Thanks,

Joel

Joel_John
Explorer
0 Kudos

Also, I notice that the Auto-save is always reset to 'on' every time I start a Dev space.

0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

1. Regarding the session expiration while you are still working - if the issue still persists please open an official support ticket with SAP component CA-BAS-FWK-IDE with all the information (including the link to this thread).

2. Regarding the auto-save: if you change it from the menu it applies to current BAS session only. In case you would like to switch it off permanently (even this is not BAS recommendation) you can change this via the IDE settings (the cog-wheel icon at the bottom left). Please make sure to change this from the "remote" level settings as this is where it's already set to "on" as BAS default behavior.

Thanks,

Rotem