Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set initial password for user in IAS

surya_appala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I see the option to set initial password got disabled in IAS even though the user status is active. The issue is only with few random user ID's. What could be the reason? Any solution to enable the set initial password button? Thank you.

Regards,

Surya

surya_appala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is now resolved. I am lacking access to maintain the admin users in IAS. For all the user for whom I was unable to set password is because they are admin users. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

surya_appala

It is possible that the user's password is already set, so the Set Initial Password button is disabled. If the user has forgotten their password, then you will need to reset it by using the Reset Password button. You may also need to verify the user's identity before you can reset the password.

surya_appala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

@Yogananda

If this is the case, it should be the same for every user. But the issue is only with certain number of users whose password was already set. All the users are active in IAS with proper validity. Surprisingly, my colleague is able to set password for the same user for whom I am unable to. Also, the issue is only in IAS Non-Prod tenant. I do not see any issue in IAS Prod.

Hope SAP provides some solution. Thank you.

Regards,

Surya