Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special characters in translated SAPscript

gabmarian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a SAPscript in two languages, Hungarian and English (translated from Hungarian). When the customer is not Hungarian, than English version is used.

The name of the customer can contain special characters. If Hungarian version is used, everything works perfectly. But in English, there is a problem displaying the special characters in the print preview (e. g.   'É' is displayed instead of 'Č').

What can be the source of the problem and the possible solution? Every single setting is the same for both languages, also the device used for the printing, so I guess its not an issue of the font settings, character set or the device settings.

The system is non-unicode.

Thanks,

Gábor

View Entire Topic
former_member213851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

Please select Correct Printer Name and also check the Fonts with the Help of Basis Team.

gabmarian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting, I changed the font.

It's still not displayed properly in print preview/spool request BUT if I actually print it or make PDF from the spool request it is correct in the printed paper/PDF document. I am really confused now...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gábor,

Does this have something to do with codepages. Just check if English and Hungarian both use the same codepage or if they are covered under the codepage you are using.

it is correct in the printed paper/PDF document

I am guessing this is happening because your printer supports both languages and is able to interpret the binary sequence correctly while SAP in English is not representing the character properly.

Regards,

Shravan

gabmarian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan, thanks for reply.

I checked the codepage for both documents, they are the same.

I guess it's an issue of the printer, because PDF can be created properly from the OTF (so at this level it is correct), and it is not device-specific.

However the problem is solved, the customer accepted it because the printed document is correct.