Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Anywhere 17 - Procedure 'sp_displayroles' not found

former_member272418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

I created a new database in SQL Anywhere 17 (installed on Windows).

In the creation wizard I have left practically all the default settings.

The database has been created but now, if I am disconnected from the database and I single click on its icon I get the following error:

The curious thing is that, if I right click, I can easily connect to the database and everything seems to work correctly.

I have created, on this DB, a new SAP Data Services repository and I have not encountered any problems, however, not being an SQL Anywhere expert, I do not know if this error can hide other pitfalls.

I tried to apply SAP Note 2489450 but it didn't solve the problem.

Can anyone help me ?

Than you very much guys.

Best regards.

chris_keating
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you please walk me through the exact steps? I am not sure what you mean by "I single click on its icon I get the following error". I assume that this is done in SQL Central based on the dialog. Is that the icon that you mean?

former_member272418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

thank you very much for your answer.

Let me explain:

I open "SQL Central" (v17.0.0.1062).

I click on the "connect" button and I can insert the credentials to logon on the main database.

The list of all the databases appears.

If I do a single left click on the icon of this freshly created database I get the error.

I I do a right click on the same icon, I get the logon pop-up that allows me to logon.

Please note that this SQL Anywhere was upgraded from version 12 to 17 at the same time as the SAP Data Services upgrade.

This is the first database created directly in version 17.

All other databases were created prior on version 12 and with none of them I get this error.

I hope I was a little clearer.

Thank you again !

Kind regards.

View Entire Topic
chris_keating
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

You need to update SQL Central. I have no idea when the fix was made. But I have tested with several later versions of SQL Central including 17.0.8.4103 and cannot reproduce the behavior.

former_member272418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

yes, you were right.

I have installed, on another host, a newer version of SQL Central (17.0.10.6089) and, with that, I don't have the error.

So I guess it is nothing serious but just a problem of versions of the tools.

Thanks again !