Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO RISE SAP

Berto14
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

my client is looking for implementing SSO in SAPGUI in a RISE Cloud Solution by using Secure Login Service through SAP IAS.

After taking a look through several SAP articles and guides on internet, I have nor been able to locate a clear guide to implement such a solution.

May any of you have access to a document or something similar to guide me through this process?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

View Entire Topic
Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Berto14
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thank you very much for your quick response.

As far as I can see, in this guide they mention Kerberos and X.509 as a combination of both, but what if the client is only interested on using just one of them? Is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi, I'm trying to answer your comment here, let's see where it shows up 🙂 For accessing the ABAP system with SAP GUI, a customer will use either Kerberos or X.509. A combination could mean that you use Kerberos to get the X.509 certificate, but that is a special case and not required.
Berto14
Explorer
0 Kudos

I can perfectly see that, thanks! 🙂

The point is, the unique method I see in the guide is the combination of both. Including the workflow where Kerberos and X.509 are necessary to establish the SSO on SAPGUI.

That is the reason I am not sure how it should be separated.

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
This is part of the Advanced Scenarios section of the documentation. The simple X.509 certificate based authentication is explained at the start of the documentation.
Berto14
Explorer
0 Kudos

I can only see they mention this security protocol but not an explanation on how to implement it separately.

Berto14_0-1708170115732.png