cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a Background Job In a Released State Using a Bapi Function

phil_s
Explorer
0 Kudos

When I have a Background Job in a "Released" state the following BAPI functions fail:

BAPI_XBP_JOB_START_IMMEDIATELY

BAPI_XBP_JOB_START_ASAP

The Error:

FIELD TYPE=E FIELD ID=XM FIELD NUMBER=034 FIELD MESSAGE=Internal problem (function BAPI_XBP_JOB_START_IMMEDIATELY)

To get the Jobs in a "Released" state I either set the Start Condition to an Event or to a time in the future. Page 55 of the documentation indicates that these BAPI functions can be used to start a Job in a "Released" state. Is this possible using a standard BAPI function?

From the SAP Client I can simply release the Job from Released->Scheduled and then make the Start Condition Immediate but I want to do this from a standard BAPI function.

View Entire Topic
mateuszadamus
Active Contributor

Hello zero_gt

You can do so using function BP_JOB_RELEASE.

Kind regards,
Mateusz
phil_s
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mateusz,

Thank you for that recommendation. I suspect that would work however I'm making this call remotely and by default BP_JOB_RELEASE is not enabled for remote calls. I realize that it can be adjusted in settings but ideally I would want to call something that is available by default.

mateuszadamus
Active Contributor

Hmm, I don't know any RFC enabled function like that. But you could always create a Z* wrapper for the BP_JOB_RELEASE, no need to modify the original.

Kind regards,
Mateusz