cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steampunk: Select statements in the BO transactional Context give error for illegal Authority Check

ruchirsaxena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a managed RAP scenario, which I am still getting to know more about with each passing day, within which I am facing 2 issues due to Authority-Check.

1. I am also using select statement on the draft table to fetch the draftentityoperationcode field as well as select statement on the main CDS entity of the same BO to fetch all the existing records. This is done for the purposes of validation on Save to check for any duplicates and other validation etc.

This works fine. But as soon as I implement the Authorization Object in Access Control, I start getting the error "Statement "AUTHORITY-CHECK(DCL)" is not allowed with this status."

It fails during the execution/preview of the OData Service with the runtime error "BEHAVIOR_ILLEGAL_STATEMENT" on the select statement.

The detailed dump log of the error says : Execution takes place in a transactional context: A BO implementation

is active for "ZI_View". Statement "AUTHORITY-CHECK(DCL)" is therefore forbidden.

2. Even when I do not implement the Access Control, and try to use a select statement on a standard CDS Entity/View, I still get the same error, perhaps due to the Access Control linked to the standard CDS Entity.

I also get a warning during activation "Transactional Provider Contract expected for Projection View", but I doubt it has anything to do with that.

How can I circumvent this issue, or is there a workaround to the same?

Thanks in Advance,

View Entire Topic

Hello, Did you managed to resolve this issue?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use the COMMENT button for comments, asking for complements, adding details, replying to a comment or a proposed solution or to the OP question, etc., ANSWER is only to propose a solution, dixit SAP text at the right of the answer area.