cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription process for SAP BTP

Hi all,

I have some questions regarding what happens after a customer subscribes to an application.

Say, I have created a multi-tenant app according to this example & I started selling it in the SAP store.

A customer sees the app, subscribes to it, but what happens after that?

1) Do we receive his account information immediately[what info? In what form? How?]
2) Do we need to manually-create his subaccount?[can this be automated?]
3) Is there a way to auto-assign him a role for his subaccount?

I'm wondering if it's possible to automate all these steps & link them to subscription button click in the store.

Thanks

View Entire Topic
MustafaBensan
Active Contributor

Hi weiquan,

In answer to your questions:

1) What happens when I create a multi-tenant app & decide to sell it to consumers? Will it appear here?

When you deploy a multi-tenant app to SAP BTP, it does not automatically get listed in the SAP Store. This optional and you need to decide whether this is of benefit to you. As a minimum, in order to list in the SAP Store, you need to complete the Application Readiness Check (ARC) for your app.

2) If Yes, then what happens when a consumer is interested in our app? Do they have to fill up a form & contact us for more info? [like this example here where a consumer needs to click on the "Get It Now" button]

As far as I know, with the simple approach of listing on the SAP Store, the "Get It Now" button just collects prospect information from a form and emails it to you so you can follow-up with the prospect. This does not help in automated provisioning. I expect there should be a more sophisticated SAP Store option where you can configure your provisioning web hook to be triggered by the "Get It Now" button to kick-off the subscription process. It would be good if someone from SAP chimed in to elaborate on this and provide references to the relevant documentation.

3) If Yes, then do we follow the steps here & proceed to create subaccounts for them?

You should try to automate as much as possible the provisioning of a new subscriber using the BTP APIs. Here's a blog that you may find helpful: Multitenancy – Develop and Register Multitenant Application to the SAP SaaS Provisioning Service on ....

Regards,

Mustafa.

0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

thanks for the info.

Based on the information gathered so far, I would like to confirm the flow:

1)[If we list app on SAP store] Consumer clicks on "Get It Now" button > We accept the deal as described here > Application appears under "Service Marketplace" in consumer's SAP BTP account > Consumer creates app instance to use
2)[If we DO NOT list app on SAP store] Consumer has to somehow contact us to express interest?? > We create subaccount for consumer in our own SAP BTP account as described here > We assign roles for consumer

Is this correct?