cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Systemcopy sap QAS longTime

scoliveira
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, I'm performing the homogeneous system copy of my SAP QAS SQL Server 2019 on Windows Server 2019 using SAPINS. I exported it, and it took approximately 72 hours. Now I'm in the process of importing it to another server, and it has been 6 days, but it hasn't finished yet. Is there anything in this process that can be done faster?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Scoliveira, what is the DB size? since it is MS SQl just do the backup of source DB and restore the same in the target system start the SWPM regards
scoliveira
Explorer
0 Kudos
I used sapinst and went to systemcopy homogeneous, and exported the central instance data base. then I went to the target server with the same operating system configuration, SQL server and ran sapinst, I went to target and followed the steps. My base has 1.5Tb. I followed the document you informed me. but I think it's missing

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mamartins
Active Contributor

If you exported the DB contents and now are importing, you aren't doing a homogeneous copy but a heterogeneous one!
Please refer to the official SAP copy manuals: Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy - Target Databases: SAP ASE; SAP MaxDB; Oracle; IBM Db2 fo... 

scoliveira
Explorer
0 Kudos
I used sapinst and went to systemcopy homogeneous, and exported the central instance data base. then I went to the target server with the same operating system configuration, SQL server and ran sapinst, I went to target and followed the steps. My base has 1.5Tb. I followed the document you informed me. but I think there's some detail missing.
clas_hortien
Employee
Employee

Hi,

why you are not using the detach/attach or backup/restore method to transfer the database ? They are both much faster that the export/import method.

Best regards

Clas Hortien

scoliveira
Explorer
0 Kudos
The new server does not have sap installed. Just Sql Server 2019 that I installed.
Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi 

You follow the steps as mentioned in the SAP portal link a simple backup and restore method.

https://help.sap.com/docs/SLTOOLSET/62eb9f365f464802be11f7869069750c/b076fbcd92e84f49b540ac58958f4cd...

Regards

SS

scoliveira
Explorer
0 Kudos
Can I do it this way for a new installation?
Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Yes you can but the database need to bullied from the installation
scoliveira
Explorer
0 Kudos

Tenho 1.5TB. Eu segui os passos do sapinst, systemcopy target.