cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Api/Scripting: Identify click on expand/collapse

dominik_zed
Participant

Hi everybody,

any ideas how we can identify if a user has clicked on collapse/expand (structure or hierarchy) node.

In short: If a user clicks on expand/collapse we do not want to start the onselect script.

Long explanation: 😉

In combination with the fact that we cannot clear the selection of the table we have the following problem:
The User selects a value in the table. OnSelect script is triggered. Than the user does something completely different in the dashboard. Than the user comes back to the table and expands a node of the hierarchy (which has nothing to do with the selection he has made before).
This triggers the onselect script again with the old selected values, wich was not intended by the user. As we cannot delete the selection, we cannot avoid this behavior.
It would be helpful if we could identify somehow in script if the user made a "normal" click to select or if the user just expanded/collapsed a node.

Alternative solutions for our problem, which would require changes on SAP side:
-Hierarchy Expansion/Collapse should not trigger on select the script at all. (Maybe not good for everybody)
-Hierarchy Expansion/Collapse should fill the values that are in table.getselections() with the value that has been clicked on (by expanding/collapsing). Currently the old values just remain there and are not changed by expanding/collapsing. I guess we could build a workaround with this.
-Possibilty to clear table selection via API/script like table.clearselection()

(We are on BW4HANA / Live connection / BW queries)

Improvement Requests

Identify expand/collapse: Improvement Request Details - Customer Influence (sap.com)

table.clearselections() Improvement Request Details - Customer Influence (sap.com)

Thanks for any help / Best regards

View Entire Topic
vishalakshmi
Contributor
0 Kudos
dominik_zed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmi, The link you are refering to does not mention "onselect" script, which is at the core of my problem. So I think the question you are refering to, is not connected to my problem. Thanks anyway for trying to help.