Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout awaiting 'request' for 30000ms RPA 2.0 "Call Web Service" activity

magm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm having trouble trying to consume a service that takes too long to respond (it may take more than 3 minutes), the error is: "Timeout awaiting 'request' for 30000ms".

I am using RPA 2.0, the activity "Call Web Service", based on the "Web services best practices" example from the store.

Is there a way to increase the timeout to a number greater than 30000ms?

Thanks

View Entire Topic
Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

magm

You can use a Loop and wait till the response is retrieved.Use condition to check if the response is retrieved or not and then continue the loop.

Attached is the screenshot for your reference.
magm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

The error happens every time the activity "Call Web Service" is executed.

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you let me know what are the parameters that you have added in the condition?Can you share the screen shot please.

Is the web service call working fine in POSTMAN?

magm
Explorer
0 Kudos

With POSTMAN the service takes more than 1 minute.

The problem is occurring in the step prior to condition.

magm
Explorer
0 Kudos

I used an asynchronous function and got the same timeout error.

Ludovic_MOOS
Explorer
0 Kudos

chaitanyapriya.puvvada

Hi,

Same here, I'm facing the a new error again and again (when it used to be working perfectly well before): "Could not upload document for information extraction: \"Timeout awaiting 'request' for 30000ms.

Yet, everything is fine with the Extract Data (Template) activity and the overall automation... I managed to make it work yesterday by up and downgrading versions of SDKs, desktop agent and Chrome extension, but it's not working anymore today. Is there any way to solve this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

LM.