cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREXNameServer.cpp(03277) : shared memory lock '/tmp/.hdb_SID_00_lock'was deleted -> stopping instance ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Since we installed HANA DB, we're facing the issue "TREXNameServer.cpp(03277) : shared memory lock '/tmp/.hdb_SID_00_lock'was deleted -> stopping instance ...".

As a result, DB server going down and we have to start once again. We found SAP note: 1984700 but it doesn't explain the root cause of this issue.

Could you please share your ideas with us?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

View Entire Topic
fabianlarav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sreenivasa,

We had the exact same issue on our Redhat host. The root cause is on:

Why SAP HANA crashes after 10days of uptime? - Red Hat Customer Portal

Apparently it is a default cron job that cleans files on /tmp older that 10 days

Thank you for your post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fabian,

I am having the exact same issue on my Redhat host. But, I am not able to access the link you have shared.

It would be great if you could share more details on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Sanu

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A little googling would get you far here... linux - When does /tmp get cleared? - Server Fault

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Thanx for the response. I understand from the SAP Note: 1984700 that I need to remove tmpwatch from the system's cron job. But, will this result in the /tmp growing in size in the course of time?

I have now created a 'jobs.deny' file in the /etc/cron.daily and blacklisted the tmpwatch.

Kindly advice if this is the appropriate method to follow.

Thanx in advance,

Sanu

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question is why would /tmp grow over time on your SAP HANA system?

Generally there shouldn't be any other significant processes on that machine, so what do you think the /tmp filling would be caused by?

I think it's pretty simple: SAP HANA needs that file, so make sure it doesn't get deleted.

If there are lots of other processes not cleaning up their /tmp files properly, then it might be good to check why this is happening.