cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to create a subaccount using SAP Automation Pilot but our Service Key is invalid

ec1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP community,

We want to test the following script to automate creation of BTP subaccount.

https://github.com/SAP-samples/automation-pilot-examples/tree/main/prepare-btp-subaccount

We have created an instance of Cloud Management Service & generated a service key.

In SAP Automation Pilot, we have triggered PrepareSubAccount command & supplied the service key from Cloud Management Service. However, we get an error saying that "The Service Key is invalid".

Is there any changes needed for the service key generated within Cloud Management Service?

Regards

Steve

View Entire Topic
BiserSimeonov
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out . Juts wanted to double check with you so can you please confirm you had followed this guidance when generating the needed service keys from the SAP Cloud Management Service:

Instance of SAP Cloud Management Service with plan central and a service key/binding with default configurations. They must be created in a separate BTP subaccount in the same global account. When creating the service instance you must choose the Authorization Type: "password"

Looking forward to hearing back from your side.

Kind regards,

Biser

ec1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Biser,

At the moment, the Automation Pilot and Cloud Management Service are running in the same subaccount.

Thanks for pointing it out. We'll separate them, one subaccount for Automation Pilot, another for Cloud Management Service and try again.

Steve

ec1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Here is what we have done:

- We have created two subaccounts. 1 subaccount called BUILD for Automation Pilot & 1 subaccount called CloudManagementService for Cloud Management Service

- Get the servicekey from CMS instance in CloudManagementService subaccount

ec1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

- Goto Automation Pilot->trigger PrepareSubAccount command->populate the parameters, especially, put the service key

- Click Trigger & we get the same error message

I believe Automation Pilot uses the service key to call CMS but the error does not narrow down where the error is. Whether the format of the service key is wrong or maybe it cannot connect to the CMS instance.

- does the user ID/email specified in User input parameter need to have a role/permission?

At the moment, I use my own ID but I don't have access to create a new subaccount.

Steve

ec1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I get a different error message which is clearer than before. It seems that I don't have a proper authorisation to create a new subaccount.

Thank you SAP.