cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Access Existing Data Lake (BTP Free Tier)

amneis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

So I just started to use the SAP HANA Cloud Tools application in BTP Free Tier.

I was able to access my SAP HANA database instance with its DBADMIN logon credentials.

However, I was not able to access my Data Lake instance with its HDLADMIN logon credentials. I tried several times to log into the SAP HANA Cockpit and to the SAP HANA Database Explorer. I failed and I assume that the HDLADMIN user got locked.

I used the "Choose Authentication" option and I chose the option to clear credentials. But it did not provide a way to enter new HDLADMIN credentials. So it's confusing what that option is meant for.

Is there a way for resetting HDLADMIN password tries?

I can't just delete the Data Lake when it is linked to the HANA db, no? I am not sure if I can get support other than from the community.

Thank you and kind regards,

Annie Neis

View Entire Topic
akuller_q
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi amneis,

today i had exactly the same problem. Resetting the password in SAP HANA Cloud Central did not help either.

What have I done, deleted the link between the Hana Cloud and the Data Lake in the instance management. Then deleted the Data Lake, the data in Hana Cloud is not deleted.

Then assign a new data lake to the Hana Cloud. This also shows that the password for the HDLADMIN is only valid for 180 days. Logging in is possible again.

I have not yet been able to find out how to extend the validity or set it to unlimited.

Addendum: Unfortunately, the problem in the SQL console still exists...

Addendum2: Problem solved, my password was probably "too" complex. A simple one without special characters and not quite as long worked without problems. Access to the SQL console and Database Explorer is now possible.

Addendum3: some links to the documentation:

- HDLADMIN (Default) User https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_HANA_DATA_LAKE/745778e524f74bb4af87460cca5e62c4/a3d8223084f2101597e1a3...

- Creating a New User: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_HANA_DATA_LAKE/745778e524f74bb4af87460cca5e62c4/a73e76be84f210159fd6f9...

- Creating an HDLADMIN Equivalent User: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_HANA_DATA_LAKE/745778e524f74bb4af87460cca5e62c4/bbd5dd6aec5040d5902c16...

amneis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thank you for your reply. I apologize for not updating this post with the solution I used.

I contacted the SAP Support Team and created a ticket for this. They provided me with CLI commands to access the data lake from the Mac Terminal and assigned a temporary password to HDLADMIN. Then, I was able to access the data lake by using the SQL console. Within the SQL Console I was able to reset the HDLADMIN password by using the command ALTER USER HDLADMIN IDENTIFIED BY [password].

To disable the password expiration check, you can use ALTER USER [userid] DISABLE PASSWORD LIFETIME.

You can also go to the User Management > Edit > Authentication > Enable Password Lifetime Check : Set it to NO.

I hope this helps. Have a great day!

Thank you and kind regards,

Annie Neis