cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create SAP Cloud Platform trial subaccount (AWS)

melanie_lauber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My SCP CF trial recently went into 90 days and my subaccount got deleted (all good, I know that). Today I went back to it in order to follow a course and tried to create a new subaccount however it keeps failing if I choose AWS. When I chose MS Azure, it worked fine, see screenshot:

For me it doesn't matter if my subaccount has AWS or MS Azure but the problem with Azure is that I can't add entitlements. For example I'm trying to add the Service Plan "SAP HANA Schemas & HDI Containers (Trial)" but when I do it for my Azure subaccount, which is the only one I have (since AWS keeps failing - yes I tried more than once), it says the service plan is not available for "my subaccount's region": you can see in above screenshot AWS has Europe (Frankfurt) and Azure Europe (Netherlands) and apparently Netherlands ain't no good 😕 (I mean, what, why?). And here a screenshot of that:

So now I'm stuck. I can't create an AWS subaccount and I can't use the Azure subaccount. I've found one question from several years ago with a similar problem but no solution (other than create a new account and needless to say, that isn't a solution and, well, I can't do that; I have too much on this account (from which I'm writing) and in fact I only have one private email address). Also; my email address is only assigned to one single account. Used it only once. It's a pretty new account from end of last year and was created fresh from scratch then.

So, any tips? Or can we fix either AWS subaccount creation? Or maybe fix entitlements so they work for Azure as well (what else is the point in having Azure?)?

View Entire Topic

Hi Meli,
The original issue was also fixed and you can also create AWS subaccount with the original subdomain.

melanie_lauber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for confirming this. I now have a subaccount with a different subdomain (I in fact just removed the P from my user id) and I will work with that one for now. In 90 days I guess I'll try back to usual subdomain. Thanks everyone for their help!