cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to modify standard table EBAN from Fiori app ID F2229 for standard field EXTAPPROVALSTATUS

deep_desai2
Participant
0 Kudos

With reference to subject line, I am facing issue while updating standard table for standard field. Below is the details of the requirement :

We want to modify table field EBAN-EXTAPPROVALSTATUS by when creating PR by Fiori app Manage Purchase Requisitions Professional .

The logic is that is activity start date is less than current date, the PR approval goes for 3 step approval else 2 step approval.

EXTAPPROVALSTATUS - based on the date , we are updating this field as 'A' as flag indicator which triggers the correct workflow.

I am able to achieve to do the same using screen enhancement in ME51N tcode and all works well there.

I have created 2 custom fields "ZStartDate" and ZEnddate" using Custom Fields and Logic app and they are correctly placed in EBAN . When dates are entered into these fields using Fiori app, they reflect on the table as well.

ME51N enhancement was done through exit Function Exit : EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_005

I am facing issue when the PR is created from FIori app , the custom date fields are getting modified in table EBAN but my logic to update the EXTAPPROVALSTATUS is failing. the exit is called multiple times and is getting set in the debugger but not getting updated on the table.

How should i proceed to complete this enhancement from FIori app?

App ID : F2229
App Name : Manage Purchase Requisitions - Professional
Input fields : These fields are created using "CustomFields and Logic" app and enabled for Procurement: Purchase Requisition Item business context.

Request you to please help in this issue.

deep_desai2
Participant
0 Kudos

masayuki.sekihara jocelyn.dart

View Entire Topic
Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Deep, Ok it's great that you created the custom fields using Custom Fields and Logic!

It's worth remembering that the logic of a SAP Fiori app uses ABAP CDS views, and RAP or BOPF for the transactional logic.

There is certainly no guarantee that it follows the same logic as a similar classic GUI transaction written in classic ABAP application server logic.

So it's important to check the app's extensibility documentation which for F2229 is here - for where you can add logic. For example you may find that BADI Change of Header of a Purchase Requisition (MM_PUR_S4_PR_MODIFY_HEADER) will meetyour needs.