cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage metrics per tenant / subscription in a multitenant solution

geert-janklaps
Active Contributor

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to easily monitor the consumption of a multitenant solution built on SAP BTP. We have the out-of-the-box global metrics in the provider subaccount but want to be able to monitor certain metrics on the level of the subscription.

Some of the things that pop up in my mind at first sight:

• Number of unique logins
  • HDI container size
  • SAP Document Management Service Consumption
  • Number of API calls

Is there any re-use service we can implement to get these kind of metrics per subscription? Or is this something we have to build from scratch ourselves?

Best regards,

Geert-Jan

gregorw
Active Contributor

Despite the fact that SAP recommends the implementation of Usage Metering the service metering-service that seems to exist is not available for Customers and Partners.

geert-janklaps
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip gregorw, I'll log a ticket to see if I can get some more information about it. Will post an update here when I get feedback!

martinfrick
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi 8d8214c7f9734f45be69f95cc0d5aeee,

Thank you for bringing up this important requirement. As mentioned by gregorw, not all services are currently available for customers and partners. I also recognize the need for a standardized metering and usage solution for third-party vendors on SAP BTP. However, I am confident that there will be increasing demand in the future for a ready-made solution to address the most crucial metering use cases. Hopefully, you will receive a positive response/outlook/roadmap in your ticket. In the meantime, I recommend implementing a lightweight approach to address your most urgent metering needs, such as tracking API calls or measuring inbound API traffic with solutions like SAP API Management.

Martin

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geert,

in yesterdays Customer & Partner Roundtable for SAP BTP ABAP Environment #7 I've learned about the option to define custom metrics in the BTP ABAP Environment and get them visualised in Cloud ALM. Maybe that could be a direction.

Best Regards
Gregor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)