Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using RAP to build Side-by-Side extensions

skopp
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

is there any way to build a Side-by-Side Extension in RAP on BTP without using an unmanaged scenario when reading from an on premise system? Can't seem to find anything about it. 

I hope there is an easier way to consume the APIs and to re-use their functionality.

What is the benefit when I have to implement the whole logic of the business object again on BTP?

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @skopp,

We have received your request and are in the process of evaluating the problem: our expert who will analyses the problem and revert to you

Please allow for a delay in our response.
Kind regards
Margit

View Entire Topic
skopp
Discoverer

That is exactly what I did.

But that's what I meant with implementing it all again (in this case in the Query Implementation Class).

This works of course, but I have to take care of data retrieval, update, creation, validation and so on again and can't reuse the business object logic (which is already implemented in the on-prem system).

ChristianR
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
I would disagree. I do not see why you have to redo everything again. You can expose actions, validations, determinations and reuse them.
skopp
Discoverer
0 Kudos
That would be great. Is there any documentation or tutorial, mission etc. about it? I can't seem to find anything that explains the process.