cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebIDE itself as on backend system ( webIDE itself as on-premise )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently installed local trial version of WebIDE on my laptop. It is working great.

But if I want to bring WebIDE into my clients system/landscape as a on-premise

then what are the options. I searched in SDN I always ended up finding docs with

mentioned as on-premise

back-end system connections or

*planned for productive Local trial WebIDE.

But I need some docs/suggestion on how to get this webIDE itself as on-premise

intranet application. Can we use existing SAP gateway hub application server to

host WebIDE?

Thanks,

Srinivas.

View Entire Topic
amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

As you already mentioned that Web IDE local/on premise version is NOT available for productive purposes.

All developers do not need to install their own WebIDE, you can just run it from one machine that can be accessed over the intranet. Instead of localhost:port, the developers can use ComputerIP/Name:port.

I hope this helps !

Thanks and Regards,

Amol Gupta

tamir_menahem
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Web IDE Personal edition (previously known as Local Installation) is now available for productive purpose. See here: https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#sapui5. This is relatively new offer, therefore it is not well known to everyone.

Install on one machine and accessed over the intranet is not supported; even not as a beta version.

Thanks, Tamir

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamir,

For productive purposes you still need paid subscription to SAP WebIDE on SAP HANA Cloud Platform.

Note: The Personal Edition can be used for the following purposes:

• Trial Use - for test and evaluation (non-productive scenarios).
  • Productive Use - for customers with a paid subscription to SAP Web IDE on SAP HANA Cloud Platform.

Regards,

Amol G.

tamir_menahem
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right. You have to pay, but afterwards it is productive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

Thanks for the helpful insight. My client is OK to pay for the WebIDE but want to get out of hassle of installation on each workstation. It is a huge cost to organization. SAP added a legal point ( see attached ) that according their terms it is not intended for use as a intranet application.

Hopefully SAP will come up with a WebIDE intranet edition.

Thanks,

Srinivas.