cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebIDE sap hana service connection: authentication failed for LDAP provisioned DB user

asifarif_syniti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have built an MTA, created a HDB and a SAP HANA service connection.

When building a calculation view, and browsing for the object, I am getting "Error: Incorrect Service: Connect error: authentication failed".

I created a user provided service name and verified that the connection details are correct by using the same credentials via command line (hdbsql).

I cannot figure out what is causing this authentication issue. The user which I am using is a domain user created in Active Directory and provisioned automatically in SAP HANA DB via LDAP Provider.

But the user exists in the tenant db now and I can log into the database. Why is this not working via WebIDE??

So as a quick test, I created a new SAP HANA service connection this time using a regular db user (i.e. SYSTEM), and I am able to build the calculation view. So I know that the issue is with my LDAP assigned db user. The puzzling thing is that I can connect to the HANA DB directly and also through the Database Explorer in WebIDE (using the LDAP user).

View Entire Topic
asifarif_syniti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Has anyone connected their WebIDE to SAP HANA DB using sap hana service connection using an LDAP-enabled user?? I can't see any reason why this would not be supported.

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asif,

I know it's been a long time.

But since we are facing a similar situation and want to use LDAP for USER provisioning, I was wondering how you were able to assign the XS roles to the user for using the WebIDE.

As far as I know, only the "old" catalogue roles are supported for LDAP and not the XS roles.

Or maybe that was the cause of your problem?

Best regards

Dirk