cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebIDE: Why we can't deploy an UI5 app on SAP Cloud Platform?

pierosilve
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

since the last upgrade of WebIDE (2 march 2017) we are not able to deploy our UI5 application to SAP Cloud Platform.

We want to update the same app in the platform with a new version, but we have this error:

Cannot deploy the application. Other artifacts found for the same ID {0}.

Before the upgrade we were able to do this! Any idea?

Thanks and Regards

View Entire Topic
lidia_sarasua
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm facing the exact same issue. I managed to find a workaround to update the app, but now when I add the app to a launchpad, I get 2 tiles instead of only 1!

Additionally, when running the app, I get a message in the console saying that there are multiple descriptor files for the requested application.

michal.keidar & jin.wong , any idea about how we can delete all the existing descriptors with a specific ID? I wouldn't want to just change the ID of my application and then leave the other versions/descriptors wandering around in the cloud's limbo (I've already tried deleting the SAPUI5 application and I get the same error as soon as I try to deploy it with the same ID)

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How many applications do you have?

Each one of them should have a unique id. If 2 apps have the same id then it makes sense that you see 2 tiles in your Fiori Launchpad.

matthias.schmalz - are you aware of a way to do it automatically? (delete all the existing descriptors with a specific ID)

Thanks,
Michal.

lidia_sarasua
Explorer
0 Kudos

At the moment I've got 13 applications, but I only face this problem with one of them.

Now if I follow the below steps, an additional tile is added:

1. In WebIDE deploy the application to SCP (updating an existing application), this works successfully and doesn't throw any error

2. In portal service, managing the launchpad, remove the application from the list of applications in the launchpad

3. In portal service, managing the launchpad, add again the application to the list of applications and assign it to a group (as well as to a catalogue)

4. Publish launchpad and empty HTML5 app cache

At this point I've got an additional tile of the "broken" app. At this moment I've got 13 applications, but see 17 tiles (the other 12 apps and 5 duplicates of the "broken" app)

Any clue about how to fix this?

loring_wu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lidia,

I got same issue. When deploy APP to SCP, it raise error Cannot deploy the application. Other artifacts found for the same ID {0}. When change ID and deploy the APP and register it to FLP. An error raised when open the APP from FLP. How do you get this fixed?